FlexDeploy with ServiceNow
Many organizations are making ServiceNow an integral part of managing software releases, and therefore, creating a demand for integration into their overall DevOps and Automation toolchains. Without a tighter integration between ServiceNow and other DevOps and Release Automation tools, end users need to bounce back and forth between tools, using manual activities to synchronize the overall process flow for software delivery.
ServiceNow provides a rich set of APIs which enables integration with other tools in your DevOps and Automation tool chain, and therefore the opportunity for a more seamless end-to-end solution exists. FlexDeploy makes use of these APIs to provide a seamless integration, creating a rich and powerful user experience for both agile and traditional software delivery methodologies. The integration is bi-directional, providing flexibility to meet many different use cases.
FlexDeploy’s integration with ServiceNow provides improved user experience and efficiencies related to managing changes requests and incidents.
- Link existing Change Management tickets to deployment requests and pipeline executions
- Automatically create Change Management tickets as part of the pipeline
- External Approval Pipeline Gates monitor linked change tickets and approve automatically when the ticket is approved
- Custom definition of what constitutes the “approval” of a ticket
- Define ticket fields and map values for new tickets in context of your pipeline
- Create one ticket per release, one per release snapshot, or even one per deployment
- Use the same ticket across pipeline stages without having to enter the ticket multiple times
- Trace all deployment executions back to their linked change ticket(s)
- Automatically create Incidents when a deployment or pipeline stage fails
FlexDeploy’s Service Management Integration Blog Series
Service Management plays an integral role in managing, delivering, and auditing changes across the pipeline, as well as tracking incidents that occur as part of the software delivery lifecycle. In this blog series we showcase four use cases for integrating a FlexDeploy pipeline with ServiceNow.
- Manual Ticket Entry
- Automated Ticket Creation for QA and Production
- One Ticket per Release Package
- Create Incident on Workflow Failure
On-Demand Webinar: FlexDeploy Integrations Across the Toolchain
The primary reason for adoption of DevOps is to improve speed and IT efficiency to deliver innovative solutions with higher quality and less risk. As part of the journey there is inherently a growing tool chain to help chip away at solving the real challenges.
Leveraging best of breed tools helps solve individual challenges, but bringing it all together into an integrated DevOps machine is when nirvana is achieved.
In this webinar, learn how FlexDeploy not only provides a superior solution for build/deploy/release, but also enables integrations for popular tools across the entire tool chain.