The following is an introduction to the information covered in the webinar: FlexDeploy Integration with Service Management. Watch the on-demand recording here.
The FlexDeploy DevOps Platform
FlexDeploy is a DevOps solution that supports full Build Automation, Deployment Automation, and Release Orchestration. FlexDeploy handles the SDLC from planning to the final production deployment and monitoring. It has over 100 plugins and integrations and myriad features to simplify and optimize DevOps and CI/CD.
An important piece of the SDLC puzzle is service management. It helps teams manage, deliver, and audit software changes across the pipeline, as well as track incidents that occur as part of the software delivery lifecycle. FlexDeploy supports and integrates with several popular service management tools out-of-the-box, including Freshservice FreshDesk, BMC Remedyforce, and ServiceNow.
If you are using another service management tool, you can integrate it using FlexDeploy’s pluggable framework. As long as there are APIs available, you can build your own integration with any service management product.
Primary Use Cases
In this webinar, Flexagon Principal Architect, Erick Jones, demos two primary use cases: change management and incident management.
1. Change Management
Change management integration includes configuring an approval gate in your pipeline that links to a change ticket. This gate will be automatically passed through once your change ticket is approved within your service management product.
The ticket can be an existing ticket you are linking manually, or you can set up your pipeline to automatically create a new change ticket when that gate is reached.
FlexDeploy eliminates manual steps and the need to switch between tools as the configured gate within FlexDeploy can automatically approve a ticket in your change management solution.
2. Incident Management
Incident management allows users to create an incident automatically with the proper state whenever a deployment fails within your DevOps pipeline. That is, if a pipeline execution fails, FlexDeploy can automatically create an incident within your service management system.
Key Features in the Demo
- Link existing Change Management tickets to deployment requests and pipeline executions
- Automatically create Change Management tickets as part of the pipeline
- External Approval Pipeline Gates monitor linked change tickets and approve automatically when the ticket is approved
- Custom definition of what constitutes the “approval” of a ticket
- Define ticket fields and map values for new tickets in context of your pipeline
- Create one ticket per release, one per release snapshot, or one per deployment
- Use the same ticket across pipeline stages without having to enter the ticket multiple times
- Trace all deployment executions back to their linked change ticket(s)
- Automatically create Incidents when a deployment or pipeline stage fails
Watch the Full Webinar
Access the full webinar today to see FlexDeploy’s ServiceNow integration in action. Flexagon principal architect, Erick Jones, demos popular use cases across our customer base.
Want to keep learning? Check out other on-demand and upcoming webinars.
Please comment or contact [email protected] with any questions or if you are interested in getting hands-on with FlexDeploy.