Oracle OpenWorld 2019 in San Francisco is only three weeks away. It’s the biggest Oracle event of the year so there are a plethora of great presentations available for you to see. However, with 1,400 sessions, it’s difficult to decide what sessions you want to to attend and what topics you want to explore.
Chandresh Patel, one of Flexagon’s Principal Architects, will be attending OpenWorld this year. I sat down to talk to Chandresh about some of the topics he is looking forward to learning about.
What topics are you looking forward to this year?
Chandresh Patel: As an architect, my focus during this conference will be to find out what technologies everyone is excited about this year. There are a lot of new tools and programs, as well as updates.
I’m also looking forward to discussions about tools, technologies, and everything about DevOps. DevOps is on everyone’s minds these days, and many organizations are looking to start their DevOps journey.
Do you have any recommendations for other attendees?
CP: My recommendation to all attendees would be to not just focus on sessions but to have one-on-one discussions in the exhibit hall with various vendors as well. You can learn a lot of them and may discover something that could be useful to you or for your business.
What sessions are your must-sees?
CP: I am interested in attending:
- DEV1762 – CI/CD for a Node.JS App Running on Managed Containers and Autonomous ATP
- HOL5312 – Deploying Oracle WebLogic Applications to Kubernetes/Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- CON4471 – Database DevOps: It Is Possible
- CON1662 – Maximize Oracle Cloud with Oracle Developer Cloud
- DEV3919 – Broken Build Tools and Bad Behaviors: The Maven Story
- DEV4374 – 10 Lessons Learned from Our Oracle JET Projects
- CON4180 – Accelerate Your Application Development Using Oracle Developer Cloud
- DEV3737 – Continuous Delivery with Docker and Java: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- CON2890 – DevOps for SaaS Extensions: What’s New and What’s Next
- DEV1223 – Interacting with the Oracle Cloud API with Gradle
- THT5072 – Oracle E-Business Suite Automation and Support in Oracle Cloud
- DEV1197 – Easy Microservices in the Cloud with Kubernetes and Istio
- DEV2849 – Modern Development: How Containers Are Changing Everything
- DEV5710 – DevOps Theory Versus Practice: A Song of Ice and Tire Fire
- DEV1810 – Ansible, the Tool That Should Be in the Toolbox of Every DevOps Developer
What are you most looking forward to?
CP: Above all, I am looking forward to meeting new people and seeing familiar faces at our Exhibit booth. (Which is booth #308, by the way.)
There are many different topics discussed at OpenWorld. Hopefully these recommendations from Chandresh and from Dan help you narrow down the list. Take some time to look over the session catalog and see what interests you.
Please feel free to share any sessions or presenters you are looking forward to seeing!