- Lack of a repeatable approach to building and deploying software artifacts across environments impacted the ability to deliver applications/changes as rapidly and cost effectively as needed to support business growth.
- Existing mix of commercial tooling (e.g. Computer Associates,) manual, and scripted processes was inefficient and difficult to maintain.
- Slow and error prone manual and scripted deployment process for Oracle Middleware (ex. SOA, WebLogic, ADF, MFT, WebCenter), BI (ex. OBIEE, Informatica), Oracle E-Business Suite, Database, APEX, and many open source, Microsoft, and other commercial products.
- Limited visibility to what software versions were running in each environment led to difficulty in change/release management areas.
- Work/Life balance issues related to releasing software at night and on weekends, resulted in extended work schedules, increased stress, and lower job satisfaction.
- Flexagon FlexDeploy chosen over competition based on the following differentiators:
- Comprehensive solution for Provisioning, Build, Deploy, Release (no other tools required).
- Speed of implementation and ease of use.
- Out of the box support for Oracle on premises and cloud such as SOA Suite, WebLogic, MFT, BI, E-Business Suite, Database, ODI, APEX, JET, ORDS, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Kubernetes Engine, SOA Cloud Service, and more.
- Out of the box support for SVN, Informatica, Tomcat, JDBC, SoapUI, Docker, Kubernetes, and many other technologies.
- Cost of implementation significantly lower than alternatives.
- Fully automated the build through release orchestration processes, increasing speed of deployments by up to 36X.
- Reduced outages caused by deployment issues by 80%.
- Realized the return on investment in 3 months.
- Increased visibility to real-time and historical data, improving the ability to troubleshoot issues and meet compliance and audit requirements.
FlexDeploy has dramatically improved our ability to deliver software fast and with high quality, positioning us to meet our aggressive business growth strategy. In addition to support for Oracle Fusion Middleware and E-Business Suite, FlexDeploy supports other Oracle and non-Oracle technology, exceeding our high expectations for an enterprise automation platform.