Flexagon has released FlexDeploy 5.6 which includes new and enhanced platform features, plugins, and many user experience improvements. FlexDeploy is all about applying agile DevOps, CI/CD, and Release Orchestration processes and automation to speed up software development and delivery while improving quality and driving down cost and risk for on-prem and cloud solutions. This release benefits all roles involved in developing, delivering, and managing technology solutions.
The following are some release highlights and be sure to check out the Release Notes for complete details.
Next Generation UI and UX
User Experience (UX) has been a focus area since FlexDeploy version 1, and you will see significant investments in UX in 5.6 and the next few releases. In addition to providing a more modern look and feel, you will see enhancements which improve the productivity and effectiveness of using FlexDeploy for all roles. FlexDeploy 5.6 includes new features and improvements in several areas related to the new UI/UX.
- Reporting: All existing reports are being delivered in the next generation modern user interface. The enhanced reports have features like saved queries, show/hide columns, move and/or adjust widths for columns, etc. These report configurations are remembered as part of what is called a Saved Query. Customers can continue to use the older version of reports but by default these new feature are enabled.
- Notifications: Notification templates provide extensive customization of email content and format for over 20 events in FlexDeploy. The UI for this feature is also being delivered in the next generation user interface. See this FlexDeploy Notification Templates blog article for additional information on the new features.
Siebel – New!
The migration of Siebel repository objects can be a time-consuming, manual, and error-prone process. The process involves creating connections and migration plans in the Siebel migration application, and can also require copying watermark, zip, and other files between source and target servers. FlexDeploy’s out-of-the-box support for Siebel changes all of that! FlexDeploy automates the movement of Siebel related objects and includes the ability to execute incremental repository migrations using the FlexDeploy Siebel plugin. In addition to making it easy to fully automate deploying customizations across environments, the FlexDeploy platform features can be used to apply governance and gain visibility across all environments.
FlexDeploy’s PeopleSoft plugin makes it easy to migrate PeopleSoft projects from one environment to another, generate build SQL files, and compare project definitions on your target database. FlexDeploy’s support for PeopleSoft started in 5.5 and we have continued to enhance the support since then.
Please read the DevOps for PeopleSoft blog series for more information.
FlexDeploy packs a punch for the Salesforce ecosystem including Salesforce proper and MuleSoft Anypoint Platform. FlexDeploy 5.6 includes multiple enhancements for Salesforce, some of which will have a positive impact on non-Salesforce use cases as well. Notable enhancements for 5.6 include a feature to populate candidate changes from the backend on a schedule for individual projects. The result is an improved experience for the users who will enjoy more responsive access to changes as they occur in the backend systems such as Salesforce, Oracle EBS, and more.
For a broad and deep review of FlexDeploy’s support for Salesforce, please read the FlexDeploy Loves Salesforce blog series.
New and Improved Plugins
We continue investing in out-of-the-box solutions for technology ecosystems and toolchain categories for all aspects of DevSecOps. The following plugins have been updated in this release: Salesforce, Oracle DB, Docker, Oracle BI, and Oracle Forms.
Platform Feature Enhancements
- A Terraform-based solution for automating the FlexDeploy installation and upgrade process.
- Increased flexibility for Workflow developers to override endpoint specification and artifact delivery options.
- Performance improvement for customers that have a significant number of active releases and snapshots waiting at a Gate.
- Version 2 REST APIs will eventually replace version 0 and 1 APIs. The Version 2 API supports basic authentication, but will eventually support API Keys.
- OAuth support for email communication.
Blogs, Webinars, and more!
Check out the following blog posts and review the Flexagon Events page for upcoming and recorded webinars. Lots of resource available for you to enjoy!
- FlexDeploy Integration with Azure DevOps
- FlexDeploy Brings DevOps to Mule Integrations
- Increase Developer Productivity with FlexDeploy Browser Extension
We are excited for you to check out FlexDeploy 5.6. Come and get it!