Those of you familiar with Flexagon and FlexDeploy have become accustomed to “Patch Releases” including significantly more than just defect or bug fixes. FlexDeploy 4.5.2 follows the same path, and includes many new features, usability improvements, plugin enhancements, and defect fixes. If you want the details, please review the Release Notes for FlexDeploy 4.5.2. Here is a brief overview of features, plugins, and other enhancements which might be of interest.
Feature and Usability Enhancements
- Advanced pipeline and release management enhancements to the features delivered in FlexDeploy 4.5.0. Examples include improving visibility in duplicate file management, dynamic project management as part of the release snapshot process, and usability improvements related to utility workflows which are used during release execution.
- Improvements to plugin management by increasing automation of plugin administration.
- ServiceNow integration enhancements related to the approval/request process.
- Notification framework improvements, whereby messages such as emails include additional contextual detail to help developers and administrator troubleshoot issues.
Plugin Enhancements and Fixes
- Oracle MDS support for partial deploy, a core feature within FlexDeploy which provides flexibility when managing the build/packaging and deployment process.
- New operations, enhancements, and fixes for Oracle plugins such as WebLogic/SOA/OSB/MDS, E-Business Suite, and Database.
- New operations, enhancements, and fixes for open source and commercial tools such as Maven, JDBC, Perforce, Tomcat, and Ant.
If you’re new to FlexDeploy, give us a shout and we will be happy to give you an overview of our DevOps platform.