Flexagon has released FlexDeploy 5.1 which includes a wealth of new features, enhancements, and usability improvements to help teams deliver high-quality software faster and with less cost and risk. FlexDeploy is our DevOps platform for continuous delivery and release automation which provides a comprehensive and integrated platform for orchestrating the entire build, deploy, and release lifecycle. Users can capitalize on their investments and innovate faster, with extensive automation, improved controls, and visibility to information like never before. FlexDeploy is an open and extensible platform which includes pre-built content for commercial and open source technology. Here are some highlights of the release!
Cloud – Cloud continues to be a big investment area for Flexagon and FlexDeploy supports the enablement of multi-cloud strategies such as Amazon, Azure, Google, and Oracle. This release includes a new Cloud Accounts platform feature and new and enhanced plugins for cloud platform services focused on integration and API management.
- Cloud Accounts – This new feature makes it easy to manage configurations and properties associated with cloud services from Amazon, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle Cloud. Users can add custom cloud providers as well.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) plugin – used to manage OCI operations such as Start, Stop and Restart of cloud instances.
- Oracle API Platform plugin – used for managing APIs, making it easy to export APIs from the development environment and import them into other environments. This reduces the potential for human error and allows the user to leverage FlexDeploy’s release orchestration features such as approvals, scheduling, automated testing and visibility via dashboards and reports.
- Google Apigee plugin – used for deploying an Apigee API proxy or shared flow using the Maven Apigee deploy plugin. This makes it easy to manage the deployment across environments and reduces the potential for human error. Using the Apigee plugin also allows the user to leverage FlexDeploy’s release orchestration features such as approvals, scheduling, automated testing and visibility via dashboards and reports.
Advanced Release and Pipeline Orchestration – Release Level Continuous Integration makes it easy to set up a build schedule at the release level, enabling the automated build of all projects included in a release if changes are detected.
- Scheduled builds can now be set up at Release level and applies to all projects included in the Release. This simplifies configuration steps for Continuous Integration setup.
- Package and All Files build now supports change detection and change logs. This works with release as well as when performing builds outside of release.
- A Release Snapshot is created automatically when changes are detected in one or more release projects.
Microservices, Serverless, Containers, Container Orchestration Engines – FlexDeploy 5.1 includes additional support for architectures and technologies related to microservices, serverless/functions, and containerization.
- New Helm Plugin which supports easy deployment and management of Kubernetes.
- Project level container configuration for Helm charts.
- Project level container configuration which defines what Docker images should be built for each stream.
- FlexDeploy workflow can automatically deliver container images when a project stream is configured to build and push a docker image.
- Enhancements to Docker and Kubernetes plugins
Reply to email for approval – Users can now manage the approval process via email
- Makes it easy approve or reject a request without logging into the FlexDeploy UI or using the approval API.
- See Approve or Reject with Email Reply.
- FlexDeploy now supports PostgreSQL and MySQL. See FlexDeploy System Requirements for more details.
- FlexDeploy now supports HP-UX Operating System for both FlexDeploy Server and Endpoints.
- FlexDeploy zip installer for quick installation on Windows platform. See Running FlexDeploy with embedded database on Windows.
Usability and Ease of Adoption: FlexDeploy 5.1 includes many enhancements, utilities, and general usability improvements which help ease the adoption and ongoing care and feeding post-implementation.
There are many other enhancements and improvements in FlexDeploy 5.1. For more details, please review the Release Notes.
Have other enhancement or feature requests? Leave them in the comments below!