San Francisco, CA (Oracle OpenWorld) – Today Flexagon announced the FlexDeploy 4.0 and showcasing the new release at Oracle OpenWorld. The new release will be made generally available in early October.
Extending the market leading DevOps and Continuous Delivery platform, FlexDeploy 4.0 provides significant new features and enhancements across Oracle, Open Source, and other commercial tools and technologies. All IT environments include a combination of open source and commercial technology, and FlexDeploy’s comprehensive and extensible platform provides the perfect base for to your DevOps and Continuous Delivery implementation.
Flexagon continues to invest in extensions to the already robust support for Oracle Database, Middleware, Applications, and Cloud, while providing coverage for additional open source and commercial technology such as Docker and Puppet. Beyond core feature/function, we continue improving the breadth of platforms supported, improved usability, and extensibility. Here is a summary of the 4.0 release content:
New Plugins – Additional plugins for Oracle products and also the popular container and provisioning tools, Docker and Puppet. The Oracle plugins help automate the deployment of artifacts/changes across environments, eliminating the manual changes or scripting. The Oracle plugins improve the speed and quality of migrating changes across environments. The Docker and Puppet plugin help extend FlexDeploy’s capabilities related to provisioning and configuration management, allowing users to integrated these popular tools into the overall deployment lifecycle.
- Oracle APEX
- Oracle BI
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle WebCenter Portal
Extended Platform Support
- FlexDeploy can now be installed on Apache Tomcat.
- View running/completed tests within dashboard
- Define security to control who can submit deployments to which environments
- Abort running workflows
- View request level detail such as pending approvals, scheduled tasks
- Run workflows on out of the box endpoint representing the FlexDeploy server
- Enhanced metadata around properties and inputs to enhance user experience and drive richer workflow capabilities.
- New Plugin SDK, allowing customers and 3rd parties to create their own FlexDeploy plugins to integrate with virtually any application, middleware platform, or tool.
- New REST APIs for external integration into FlexDeploy, such as APIs for updating properties, approving/rejecting tasks, running/cancelling scheduled tasks, and submitting build/deploy requests for partial deployments.
- Approve FlexDeploy tasks based on Jira status changes.
Extended Support for Oracle EBS
- Deployment support for Functional Setups
- Download XML publisher and Workflows from EBS development instance during build
- Generate and sign custom production JAR files for OAF
- Many usability enhancements based on customer feedback
- Support for SOA Suite 12.2.x long running processes
- Extended support for WebLogic configuration management
FlexDeploy 4.0 continuous to evolve FlexDeploy as an Enterprise DevOps and Application Release Automation Platform. The driving purpose to create a comprehensive, integrated, and open platform sets FlexDeploy apart as a market leader in this space. Our ongoing investments to support Oracle, open-source, and other commercial tools and technologies expands the value of FlexDeploy for enterprises looking to standardize and automate their software delivery processes.